PkmnWorld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Problem with Ev training

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kevin
Admin
Admin
kevin

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Problem with Ev training Empty
PostSubject: Problem with Ev training   Problem with Ev training I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:31 pm

Alot of people help me but im still confused

HELP
Back to top Go down
https://pkmnworld.darkbb.com
qwertymaniaman

qwertymaniaman

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Ev training   Problem with Ev training I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:11 pm

EV training is quite complex, but the rewards of EV training a pokemon well are great. you can make a tyranitar lighting fast, an infernape a defensive wall, etc.

the concept is, when a pokemon faints another pokemon, it gains exp points, AND EV points. The EV points and type of EV point depend on the pokemon fainted.

So, say you battled and killed a wild geodude. geodude gives 1 EV point to defense. So the pokemon that fainted it gets 1 defense EV point. 1 EV point wont do anything; however, if you battled, say, 100 geodudes, the pokemon that fainted all them would recieve 100 EV points to defense. that pokemon will have vastly grater defense than a pokemon of the same species that hasnt reciened any defense EVs.

a single stat can hold a MAX of 255 EVs per stat. further more, a pokemon can only recieve 510 EV before EVs have no effect on it anymore. therefore, you should plan out how you distribute EVs to your pokemon to get the desired stat rise you need.

Battling 255 geodude would become very tiring, so instead you can give it some vitamins (IRON, to be precise) irons will give 10 evs to the stat that it says it will raise. there is a catch though. you can only give a pokemon a max of 10 vitamins per stat. therefore, if you wanted to give yer, say, infernape max defense, you could give it 10 irons to get 100 defense EVs, but the other 155 EVs will need to come from battling other pokemon.

EV training, along with selecting a good nature for your pokemon, can make give your pokemon a HUGE stat increase, if you play your EVs rite.by the way, if a pokemon is holding an exp share, both the pokemon that fainted a pokemon as well as the pokmeon that is holding the exp share will recieve EVs. the EVs are not split, everyone who batled/had an exp share will get the same amout of EVs, while the exo points are split.
basically, if a pokemon gets exp points, it also gets EVs points, BUT the EVs are not split, like exp points
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/?u=10452751
Shiny Gengar

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Ev training   Problem with Ev training I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:49 pm

If you need a site to check which Pokemon give which EVs, I recommend veekun.com or legendarypokemon.net.

I have something to add: Not all Pokemon give just one EV. Sometimes, they give two or three, or even give EVs in more than one stat!

For example, Staraptor gives 3 Speed EVs, not just one.

In addition, Shuckle gives 1 Defense EV and 1 Special Defense EV. There are many possibilities with EVs.

Don't forget, in addition to EVs, there are IVs, but IVs are completely different. IVs are determined after obtaining a Pokemon and cannot be changed. In the first two generations, IVs went from 1 to 15, while in R/S/E and beyond, they go from 1 to 31. It is possible to get a Pokemon with 31 IVs in all stats, but very unlikely.

Like EVs, IVs raise the stats of a Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Ev training   Problem with Ev training I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problem with Ev training
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PkmnWorld :: 4th generation :: Pokemon Problems-
Jump to: